Everything on earth, places, animals and all human beings are products of God’s mind, and He had an intention for everything He created. The earth is the LORD’S, and the fullness thereof; the world, and they that dwell therein (Psalm 24:1). It is also important for us to realize that our call to redemption in Christ Jesus is a life of purpose, primarily living for the intent for which we were created, and a clear example of His attributes for Who He is and What He does. Much more living a fulfilled life, influencing our environment and lives around us as light of the world (Matt 5:15-16). To pursue this course below are steps to living a fulfilled Christian life with its intent values to the glory of God.
- Accepting Christ Jesus as Lord and Savior – Your acceptance into the sheepfold of God is only through Jesus. Scripture clearly states that….Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me (John 14:6). Jesus Christ is the door through which any one is accepted into this sheepfold where you enjoy newness of life, a life of hope full of glory and power as destined from the foundation of the world, reserved for those who are called by His name (2 Pet 1:3-4).
- Baptism in Water (By Immersion) – Baptism by immersion was demonstrated by Jesus in scriptures… Matt 3:16. This is a New Testament requirement for the salvation of our souls. It is often referred to a scenario whereby, one has attained a new life where you forsake your old ways and cling to a more excellent way in Christ Jesus. Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost (Acts 2:38).
- Baptism of the Holy Ghost – To effectively operate and live a new life in Christ Jesus, you need to be empowered. This was the promise of the Father through Jesus…But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name (John 1:12). The power will only manifest when there is a baptism of the Holy Spirit ……. And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance (Acts 2:4). The Baptism of the Holy Ghost is to enhance our living on earth and reflect Christ maximally. The Holy Ghost lives in us, teach us all things, guide us and declare the truth at all times (John 14:27, 16:13).
- Seek and Grow in the Knowledge of God – Every good steward studies and knows what the master would require of him to do at any given time. The same applies to us in the Christian fold, Peter mentioned this in his letter to the brethren…….. But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen (2 Pet 3:18). Knowledge of God enlightens you, keeps you abreast of what He expects of you, how to go about it and the attendant privileges thereof. It also helps you to stay in tune and discover God’s mind so that you don’t violate or rather short change yourself by entering into the enemy’s camp. Lack of Knowledge destroys as the scripture clearly states. Therefore my people are gone into captivity, because they have no knowledge: and their honourable men are famished, and their multitude dried up with thirst (Isa 5:13). Paul makes a recommendation of God’s Word to believers in Acts 20:32 which guarantee our inheritance.
- Live by Faith – No one has ever seen God, but we all believe in our hearts of His kingdom, much more there are manifestation of His great acts from the ages. It is principle in the kingdom, you first of all believe because God cannot deny Himself, He is too faithful. Faithful is he that calleth you, who also will do it (1 Thess 5:24), whatever He says, He will do it and the only way to please God is to live by faith (Heb 11:6). Scripture declares expressly that …Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him (Heb 10:38).
- Commitment to Prayer – Communication is one key factor that enhances any relationship. As a Christian you receive instruction from God in the place of prayer and you also express yourself with respect to your work, family etc in prayer. You share issues with God in the place of prayer. Note that a break in communication affects the relationship no wonder scripture says….. And he spake a parable unto them to this end, that men ought always to pray, and not to faint (Luke 18:1). The Bible enjoins us to pray in the Spirit (in torques) and in understanding,, when you pray you avert all manner of evil and you enforce deliverance from temptation. It is sure that when you pray God hears, and not only does He hear, He answers…… Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not (Jer 33:3). It expected that you call not murmuring or complaining, but with a heart of thanksgiving (Phil 4:6).
- Live in Praise and Gratitude to God Always – God is ever faithful, to gracious and full of love. He desires the best for us at all times, therefore He instructs us to be thankful in spite of the situation …. In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you (1Thess 5:18). Everything that happens to a genuine child of God will ultimately be to his /her benefit, that why He instructs us to rejoice….And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose (Rom 8 :28). A life of thanksgiving disarms every opposition, Jesus in the midst of challenge gave thanks when Lazarus was dead, and he came back to life (John 11 & 12). This was to demonstrate that at any point in time in our Christian life we should always be thankful because our victory is sure in Christ Jesus……Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place (2 Cor 2:14).
God has reconciled us back to a life of glory in Christ Jesus to the end that all should come to the Knowledge of the truth, fulfill His purpose on earth and enter into eternal glory. Therefore with the above mentioned steps, carefully engaging in them, our lives will be a show piece in the kingdom and light of God will shine forth in our lives as ambassadors of Christ.