Stand therefore having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness ; and your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace ; above all, taking the shield of faith, where with ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the spirit, which is the Word of God. Praying always….. ( Ephs. 6:14–18a)
Friends, to God we give all the glory for all His benefits for the children of men. You are a victor and blessed forever in Jesus’ Mighty Name. Amen & amen.
In John 3:16 the Bible says that God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
God has accomplished all for mankind in CHRIST, all the victories and triumphs.
In Ephesians 6:14-17 ( see above) God spreads out powerful weapons we should wear for all round protection and victories against Satan’s attacks.
Looking closely at each of these pieces of armour, you will discover that each one describes attributes that are fulfilled in Christ.
1. The girdle of Truth: Jesus said , ” I am the way, the truth, and the life”. ( Jn 14:6
2. The breastplate of RIGHTEOUSNESS: He is righteous. He put on righteousness as a breastplate.( Is.59:17). He has become our righteousness. (1 Cor.1:30); and we are righteous in Him.(1Cor5:21)
3. The preparation of the Gospel of peace: Preparation here means – the readiness to proclaim. The Lord Jesus ushered in the kingdom by preaching. ” Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand” (Matt. 4:17)
4. The shield of faith: Hebrews 12:2 says that Jesus is the author and the finisher of our faith.
5. The helmet of salvation: Jesus is the Messiah, He has on the helmet of salvation. ( Is.59:17). And there is no other Name under heaven whereby we must be saved. (Acts.4:12)
6. The sword of the Spirit – The word of God: Jesus is the Living Word, The Written Word. In the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God, and the Word was God….And the word was made flesh and dwelt among us.( Jn. 1:1,14.)
From our point of view, when Apostle Paul was saying “put on the whole armour of God ” he was implying in truth that we put on Jesus Christ. ” For as many of you as have been baptised into Christ, have put on Christ” ( Gal.3:27).
Our relationship with Christ is therefore to be thoroughly examined. Our spiritual union with Christ should never be in doubt, it makes us one with Him. Is Christ in you and you in Christ? Remember , to win any battle Satan must see the Greater One in you.
You can only face the enemy in full stature of Jesus Christ.
In Christ, we are righteous, we speak the truth, we have His faith, we are saved, cleansed, justified, the Word abides in us and we are more than a conqueror.
We can without doubt withstand or resist every fiery dart of the enemy.
Finally encourage yourself to always pray. Pray using God’ s word. Complaints, fear, and assignments won’t move Satan. It is what God has done in Christ and His promises in His word that brings victory. Speak it, believe it and declare it in every situation. God will forever glorify His Son.
Pastor Bassey Usungedo.